About the Chapter
The Alamo Chapter was established in 1981 and currently has over 50 members who reside or visit the metropolitan San Antonio region.
The goals of the Chapter are educational, historical and philanthropic primarily, and fraternal secondarily. The goals are not for the private or financial advantage of the Chapter or any of its members. The Chapter shall not participate in any political campaigning, and will not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities. It is the specific intent of the Chapter to comply with the requirements and spirit of Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code. Specific goals are as follows, but are not limited to:
- Educating the local community regarding the accomplishments of graduates of the Naval Academy.
- Educating and guiding young men and women who desire to pursue a career in the U.S. Navy or U.S. Marine Corps.
- Helping the “Association” and other Chapters of the Association to preserve the history and accomplishments of graduates of the United States Naval Academy.
- Fostering the historical interests of our country, the Naval Service, the U.S. Naval Academy and the U.S. Armed Forces within the community.
- Furthering the education, historical, and philanthropic friendships and associations formed by Chapter members through their common experience and interest in the U. S. Naval Academy, the Naval Service and the other U.S. Armed Forces.
- Awarding of scholarships to men and women in the community who seek a greater understanding of the United States Navy by exploration of different programs that may be made available through the United States Naval Academy, through the ROTC program, through enlistment within the Navy, or through prep programs, to name a few.
- Promoting within the Alamo Chapter area a greater awareness of the naval and maritime interests of our country, and the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Promoting the welfare of the United States Naval Academy
If you are a resident of our chapter area or visit or have a connection that you want to strengthen with our members, please join the Alamo Chapter.